August 25–31, 2024
Get away from it all and enjoy pure Icelandic nature and the highlands on horseback. You’ll spend your days riding with a large, loose herd through breathtaking scenery that’s only accessible via horseback. At the end of each adventurous day, you’ll head back to our countryside guesthouse for a delicious dinner and soak in the hot tub, where you’re welcome to enjoy a beverage of your choice and reminisce about the day with your fellow riders.
Rough outline of the itinerary:
We’ll spend the first day and a half on and trail riding around the farm, matching riders with the 2–3 horses they’ll be riding on the trek and preparing for our adventure ahead. Days 3–6, after packing a lunch at breakfast, we’ll head out to trek and not return until dinnertime. At the end of each day, we’ll leave our horses where we ended that day’s ride and return to the guesthouse by bus. The next morning, we’ll drive to where we left off the day before and continue onward. At the end of the last day, we’ll return to the Hestaland Guesthouse with the entire herd.
All-inclusive (7 days, 6 nights)
- All ground transportation and entry fees (we pick you up in Reykjavik and bring you back to Reykjavik)
- 1.5 days prep/education in and around the farm trail riding to prepare for the adventure and match each rider with horses that suit their experience and expectations
- 4 full days trekking with a loose herd of about 50-60 horses, 25-35 km a day, riding 2-3 horses per day
- Comfortable accommodations in our guesthouse, based on double occupancy with private bathrooms
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner (wine and beer is included)
- High-quality tack (Astund saddles of the highest quality)
- Expert, experienced guides with over 15 years of trekking experience (Guðmar Pétursson leads all treks)
- Small groups (max 13–14 people)
Price – $4,500 USD (airfare and travel insurance not included)
Email [email protected] to reverve your spot today!